Elizabeth Arden Prevage Day and Night Moisturisers

I was lucky enough to receive 2 Elizabeth Arden products from the Prevage range, thanks to a beauty forum I am a member of, Beauty Heaven. It's been a long time since I have been excited by moisturisers, but from my experience, these certainly lived up to the hype.

My review of Prevage Day Ultra Protection Anti-aging Moisturiser with sunscreen:
Elizabeth Arden's Prevage Day Intensive Moisture Cream comes in the well recognized Prevage packaging. A gorgeous silver/chrome jar. It looks so stylish and prestige, I'm rather happy to have the Prevage products taking centre stage of my skincare collection, they just look so good! Ok, more describing, less drooling, lol.
To access the moisturiser, you simply take the cap off, which reveals a lid that opens 3/4s of the way. I appreciate that there's an applicator included, so you're not dipping fingers into the tub. It's not any ordinary plastic applicator, but a gorgeous metal one, just adds to the prestige of this product.
Now to the actual product. This moisturiser has so much to offer. The hero ingredient, idebenone, is a known powerful anti-oxidant, designed to fight free radicals that damage the skin. It is an intense, rich moisturiser, perfect for those wanting to protect skin from the signs of aging. What I love about this product, is that it has the best ingredient to prevent further damage to the skin..sunscreen, which is an absolute must for me. Satisfying me even further, is the fact that it is 30+.
This moisturiser is yellow in colour. It has quite a thick texture. The scent is quite subtle, and typical of the Prevage range.
Initially, I was concerned that the moisturiser would be too rich for my combo skin, but I had nothing to fear, I am happy to report that there were no breakouts caused by using this product. It was easy to smooth the day cream over my face and neck. Being an intense moisturiser, it did take quite some time for it to soak into my skin, without tackiness. But, when it did, my skin felt so smooth, and just glowed. It wasn't oily, like I expected, just felt beautifully hydrated. I found that the Prevage day moisturiser simplified my skincare routine. I simple cleansed, toned, used eye cream and moisturised. No need for the extra steps of a serum or sunscreen.
I haven't noticed any changes in my fine lines, not sure about my pigmentation at this stage, but what I am impressed with, is that in the short time that I've been using this lovely cream, my skin just glows, I haven't even bothered using foundation since using it. I'm sure that after giving this product more time, more results will be visible. The price is the only con, but not so much so that I took a star off the rating.



Here's my review of Prevage Night Anti-aging Restorative Cream:
After having great results with the Prevage serum, I was very excited to have the opportunity to trial Elizabeth Arden's Prevage Night Anti-Aging Restorative Cream. I must say, it did not disappoint!
The cream comes in the easily recognizable silver/chrome packaging. The finish looks so prestige, encasing an equally prestige product.
The moisturiser is dispersed in such a way that is quite unique to me. Under the cap is a rubber seal, on the seal there is a "bubble" that simply needs to be depressed to release cream from a small hole. This prevents the need for dipping fingers into the jar. The only problem I have with the packaging, aside from wondering how all the product can be accessed using this method, I don't like not being able to see just how much product I have left. I hate finishing a product without the chance to repurchase in time.
Now to the most important part-the actual product. The moisturiser is a yellow colour, has the typical Prevage scent, which I find is not strong, and disappears quickly after application. It is quite thick in texture, which I was worried could be a problem for my combo skin. To my delight, I did not experience any adverse problems such as redness, and worse, breakouts. A small amount easily covers face and neck, and is easily distributed over the skin. My experience resulted in the moisturiser taking some time to disappear into the skin, especially on my face, due to the rich nature. I did not mind so much, as this was the last step in my skincare routine, I loved the results, especially when I woke each morning with beautiful, hydrated skin, that seemed to glow, not from oiliness, but from within. I believe this is largely due to the well renown idebenone technology. Being a very powerful anti oxidant, it provides protection, and can reverse the signs of aging. My major concerns are pigmentation and I am seeing small lines appear. At this stage, I haven't noticed a major change, however, I really believe that with more time, I will see reduction in these skin concerns of mine.
To be honest, I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a moisturiser, my skin has become brighter, feels smooth and "plumper". It would be perfect for those with dry skin, but those who border on more oilier skin, don't pass this one up!


The day cream retails at $195 and the night cream is $215, yes, my jaw dropped when I discovered just how much they cost, too. The "problem" is that I'm not sure I want to live without this range, I might have to start a savings account just for Elizabeth Arden's Prevage range, my skin adores the products, and I think it's totally worth it! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!