Project Increase Storage Space- Making Lip Palettes

I have so many lipsticks in my collection that I have run out of room to store them. Now, I could just stop buying lipsticks (gasp!) which I have truly tried, and have succeeded to lessen the amount of purchases, but there's always some new lip products released, or a colour that catches my eye that I just have to own. Well, I have stumbled upon a solution. Turning my lipsticks into a lip palette! It's not a new idea, there are plenty of tutorials on youtube, but I just had to give it a go.



I know there are more glamorous ways to melt lipstick, but I went a simple route. I placed lipstick in a tea spoon, scraping inside the tube with the plastic tip of a floss stick to ensure that I wasn't wasting too much product. I then melted it over a tea light candle and very carefully poured into a section of my chosen palette. This being a container meant for nail crystals. With a lid for each section, I thought this container would be ideal to be used as a lip palette.
I didn't bother labelling, because quite honestly, I have never repurchased the same shade of lipstick. Usually by the time I have finished, I am over that particular shade. 
I started with lipsticks that aren't my faves, just in case I found that I wasn't using the palette. It is so quick and easy using a lipstick in a tube, having to use a lip brush takes time. Surprisingly, I do find myself reaching for this palette, not everyday, but enough to warrant making it.



Seeing just how much storage room I save by making a lip palette, I'm going to make more..I have 2 more of these containers, so once those are made into lip palettes, imagine how many more lipsticks that I can buy! ;)

Comments

  1. This is so clever and would be great for travel :) I love seeing posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, it is so easy to do and convenient :)

      Delete
  2. Such a great tip, Michelle! This palette looks really lovely!

    I've often thought of doing something similar, but truly, part of the appeal of my lipstick bullets is being able to toss a different colour into my bag every day! I have some lip palettes which I barely use (although they have gorgeous shades) simply because touching up with a lip brush just isn't as convenient, unfortunately (and there's the added weight factor, too).

    But that's just a personal choice and I love all space saving ideas, so keep them coming!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, lipstick tubes are so much easier and quicker to use, but I actually do find myself using the palette, when I have time to use a lip brush, lol :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!