Stormy NOTD

Although I generally reach for bright and/or bold nail polish when deciding on a colour for my nails, I recently wanted something different. A colour that I can't remember wearing is grey. It may sound like a boring shade, but I think it can look quite classy. Seeing that grey is such a rarity for me, one shade was not going to be enough. 


After my mandatory Orly Bonder base coat, I applied the lightest polish, Essie Da Bush as the base colour. Next, using a sponge eye shadow applicator, I dabbed Essie Fair Game from halfway up, to the tip of my nails. I then repeated this step with Orly Liquid Vinyl (not grey, I know, but black finishes the look, I think) concentrating on the tips. To add a sprinkle of shimmer, I applied Essie Pure Pearlfection, I just love the effect this polish gives. Then finished with Seche Vite top coat.







It's nice to try a different shade :)

Comments

  1. Amazing colours! And what a great idea with the eyeshadow sponge applicator - I am going to have to give that a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's a great way to make use of those tacky eye shadow applicators :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey hon, you've got this technique down pat! Love this combo, and the Pearlfection over the top is genius :-) Very classy AND fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely of you to say, hun. Pearlfection would have to be my most used nail polish.
      xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!