SOTD- Sweet Anthem "Marianne"

Sweet Anthem is an online store that sells scented goodies created by Meredith Smith. These perfumed products really show the talent of Meredith, she produces such unique blends, that often have the ability to morph during wear. I have tried many perfumes from Sweet Anthem and totally appreciate the complexity of each. Unfortunately, these fragrances tend to give me a headache, even though I've often enjoyed the actual scent.

One that I have been able to wear is Marianne.

"Romantic spices, sugared peony blossoms, and tuberose flowers for a lover... Head notes- Pink pepper, fig. Heart notes- Tuberose, peony. Base notes- Leather, mahogany, white patchouli" 

Upon application, I get a rich, sweet leather. Leather does appeal to me, but can become too masculine for my taste. This does take me to the point where I'd normally find too much, however, on dry down, the floral, fruity notes begin to emerge. Never becoming a feminine fragrance, more of a boozy, spiced fruit. I do like a dirty, raw perfume like this one delivers, but for me it's not a must-have. I do appreciate the complexity that Meredith's amazing talent performs.

Have you tried Sweet Anthem? If you love a unique blend, you must! Don't worry about the blind buy, as they do offer very generous samples. You can check out my other Sweet Anthem reviews here :)

Comments

  1. I just checked out Sweet Anthem Indie and the site looks lovely as do the gorgeous perfumes. I must grab a perfume when I have some spare $$ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is quite lovely, Meredith is a talented perfumer. Well worth a try xx

      Delete
  2. Oh goody - another site that does samples! I'm in search of my new signature scent Indie - thanks heaps for the information, I've bookmarked the website for my next round of searching ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's a good one, in need to find a signature scent, yes that's what I'm doing, too, but I have a feeling that I will have to search and search and search.........lol! Sweet Anthem are so different and complex, and will work with your own skin chemistry, so will certainly will be unique to you, hun xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!