#WearYellowFor Seth

My daily browse through Instagram brought the #WearYellowFor Seth campaign to my attention. Seth Lane is a 5 year old boy who suffers from SCID or Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease, also dubbed the "bubble boy disease". It is a genetic disease that arises when the body is born without the very important T-cells, the white blood cells that "communicate" with other immune cells when the person is sick. So you can imagine how terrible and dangerous it would be to live without an immune system.

The disease is thankfully very rare, but there needs to be more awareness, because there is now a blood test available that can detect SCID, and if caught in time, is totally curable. Great news, but so sad for little Seth.

Yellow is a colour said to signify a strong immune system, and is also now Seth's favourite colour. In the wake of this brave little boy's second bone marrow transplant, his mum was hoping for support from family and friends. Little did she know that #WearYellowForSeth would go viral. I, for one, am glad that it did, and wanted to show my support also.

I didn't have anything yellow to wear, so my son Bailey was more than happy to help me out.


Some yellow eye shadow I did have!

...and some yellow nail polish :)

I'm praying for a successful bone marrow transplant for darling Seth. His story is so heart-breaking, I'd love for him to be healed of this disease.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway