Indeed Labs Retinol Reface

The vitamin A derivative, Retinol, is a well known active to help prevent skin issues related to ageing skin. In an attempt to add a retinol based product into my skincare routine, I started using a cheaper alternative to Retin A. In Australia it is only accessible with a doctor's prescription. 

Normally it takes a lot for my combination skin to react, unless a product is causing a break-out. Before I had a chance to notice results, my skin became very dry to the point of flaking. This is to be expected, but the itchy dry feel was just too much for me so I didn't get a replacement.

After this experience, I then purchased from Avibon, a well known French brand. Being a thick ointment, I hated using it because it became too greasy on my skin, even using a little. You can read my review here.

I had pretty much given up on finding a decent retinol based product that would fit in my budget. But then I started reading positive things about the brand Indeed Labs. I just had to try Retinol Reface.

Taken from Indeed Labs website- "Retinol is considered to be one of the most effective ingredients in helping to reduce the visible signs of ageing. Retinol Reface contains not one but 3 forms of retinol to help develop softer, smoother looking skin, while targeting the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crows feet. Unlike many other retinol products Retinol Reface is moisturising and non irritating. No peeling, dryness or redness."

The product is packaged in a tube.


It's not a squeeze tube, but has a pump top dispenser.


A light cream consistency.

Retinol Reface is recommended to be used at night only. I apply after cleansing and toning. I haven't noticed a smell to this product. I use one pump, warm between my palms, then massage into my face. The cream becomes more of a serum once warmed. It absorbs into my skin very quickly.

Since using, I have not experienced any adverse reactions. No stinging, redness, peeling or even the slightest drying of my skin.

Now onto the results. I have not noticed a reduction in my fine lines, so far, but I can attest to the skin smoothing and softening. My skin also feels plumper. I admit to experiencing a few pimples popping up, but I would say that it's my skin purging. It has not prevented me from wanting to continue with this gentle retinol treatment.

I will be sure to update any progress as I continue to use Retinol Reface. 

Do you incorporate retinol in your skincare regime? 




Check out Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness link-up  party over at Fabulous and Fun Life :)

Comments

  1. I quite like retinol Reface, I found it quite gentle, fortunately for me I never experienced any breakouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really good that you didn't break out from the retinol. It's a reaction that isn't uncommon for me when I introduce a new active product. Thankfully my skin seems to have finished it's purging stage xx

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed using this product! Have you tried Hydraluron yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Hydraluron, but it's definitely something I want to try after the many positive reviews I have read xx

      Delete
  3. I'm using Paula's Choice Resist Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum which I love. I'm interested in this one though, because I've just discovered Indeed Labs Snoxin which I'm using under my eyes for anti-ageing. It's really good. I need to do more research on Retinol as I don't know much about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do switch to Retinol Reface, I hope you'll like it just as much! xx

      Delete
  4. The more beauty blogs I read, the more wonderful sounding products I find out about that I've never tried :( This is another great sounding anti ageing product I think my 40+ year old skin would definitely benefit from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the down side of reading so many beauty blogs, the wishlist just grows and grows, lol.

      Delete
  5. Sounds pretty good Indie - I've just switched to quite a few Neostrata products containing retinol (or Pro Retinol). I figured it's time to break out the more powerful ammo lol - loving the Renewal Cream, it's starting to have an affect on the lines on my upper lip, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see that you're getting such great results, Kat. I think I might need to try some Neostrata goodies for myself xx

      Delete
  6. Ive been scared of retinol...this sounds like a less harsh option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's gentle on the skin, which is a plus for for sensitive gals xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway