Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer

I'm sure you've heard of the Dermalogica brand. Popular for good reason as it is such a leader in skincare. What I wasn't aware of is that this much loved brand carried an anti-ageing primer. I was lucky to win this in a prize pack, but have only just gotten around to using it.

From the Dermalogica website- "Smooth away fine lines, brighten and prime for flawless skin and to prep for makeup application. Velvety silicones create an instantly smooth surface. Pearl powder and natural earth minerals provide a neutral tint to help balance tone and enhance luminosity. Peptides and AGE smart actives help firm and shield against MMP and free radical damage, as sunscreens shield against sun damage. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colours."


The primer is packaged in a rather slim tube, containing 22 mL of product.


Unscrewing the lid reveals the small nozzle which gives control of the amount of primer squeezed through.


Thick in consistency.

The scent of this primer is quite earthy. Not overly appealing, but I much prefer it to synthetic fragrances. It does disappear rather quickly after application anyway.

The primer has a very silicone-y feel. Thick, yet not heavy in the slightest. I would say it is very similar in feel to the Arbonne primer or L'Oreal Base Magique. 

With the silicone base it is so light on the skin. It blended easily, gliding with ease.

I didn't notice a huge difference in my skintone, or the claimed promise of luminosity, but that's not to say that I am not enjoying the primer. What I do find, is that I get a slight mattifying, which gives me that more blurred finish. This helps to minimize the look of lines and pores.

Speaking of which, lines and pores are filled in so that my makeup sits on top, not in.

The Skinperfect Primer is not sticky, but does seem to help hold my makeup in place throughout wear.

A big plus for some is that this product contains an SPF of 30.

Why did I not start using this primer a long time ago??





If you would like to discover some other fab blogs to read, or share one of your blog posts, head over to Fabulous and Fun Life for Ingrid's link up party!

Comments

  1. Another brand I haven't heard of...Im really outta the loop! Great review as always, I love your thorough yet concise style! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pretty lady! After reading your fabulous de-cluttering post, the less brands you know, the better, lol xx

      Delete
  2. Yeah I reckon this is my favourite primer hon - just wish it wasn't so darn expensive ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I love it, I don't think I'm going to spend so much on a primer, either, Kat xx

      Delete
  3. Great Review! This primer has had me interested a few times, then something shinier appears! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, Nerida. The love of a product doesn't stop me from wanting to try new things xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Dermalogica Age Smart range of products. I've used quite a few of their products but not this primer. I'd love to try it but it is expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Ingrid, it is pricey. As much as I love using it, there are great more affordable options xx

      Delete
  5. Lucky girl, I hear such great things about the Dermalogica brand! I definitely need some help with my pores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. Well, this primer is certainly great for pores!

      Delete
  6. I've been happy with my derma products to date, unless it's a oil based primer they all roll up into a ball and roll off my face. I rarely use primer now that I'm so lazy, and only use it if i really want to cover my pores :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when products don't play nicely together!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!