Skinn By Dimitri Sugar Lips Polishing Scrub

I have been using quite a few Skinn products of late. I already have some stand out favourites that I don't ever want to be without. TVSN is not a great shopping network for an addict, but they really have introduced me to some wonderful products. 

I was looking for lip treatment products because I have been wearing some brighter lipsticks and needed my lips to be in better condition. Among these items was the lip scrub.

Taken from the website- "Give your pout a little polish! Made with real sugar and special butter blend, this lip scrub will gently scrub away flaky, chapped lips and reveal a sweet and smooth finish."


 The scrub comes in a plastic jar with screw-top lid.

 The sugar gives a gritty texture to the oil based product.

To use, I apply a small amount of the scrub just after I have cleansed. I massage onto my lips, until most of the sugar has dissolved. Then I remove with a wet face washer.

The scrub smells and tastes yummy, a little like fairy floss. I don't eat it, but it's inevitable that I'm going to taste it at some point, lol.

A little goes a long way. The sugar does a wonderful job at scrubbing the excess off the lips, whilst the base hydrates and soothes. My lips can get quite sensitive, but I don't ever feel that the scrub is too harsh.


As you can see, I have rather dry lips. In the morning they will start like this, then become chapped as the day ends.


What a difference Skinn Sugar Lips Polishing Scrub makes to my lips. The surface becomes a lot smoother, making lipstick application much neater.

Adding a lip scrub to my morning skin care routine has become a must for me. I wish I had have realised the benefits many years ago. Better late than never, right?

Do you use a lip scrub?



Check out the link-up party hosted by the lovely Ingrid at Fabulous and Fun Life :)





Comments

  1. I occasionally use the Lush lip scrubs. The reason I only use them occasionally is because I now store them in the bathroom cupboard, and often it's out of sight, out of mind, until my lips get to the stage where they desperately need a scrub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Ingrid. Mine's on display so I don't forget :)

      Delete
  2. Like ingrid, i occasionally use lip scrubs, I have the lush ones too in mint and popcorn - i end up eating the popcorn lip scrub so i'm just sure how much scrubbing I get out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, well I reckon I'd be wanting to eat the Lush scrubs, too. Especially the popcorn one!

      Delete
  3. I so need this Indie - LOVING the two SKINN products you sent me, especially the 3 Minute Lip Party. Smells so good I want to spread it on my icecream. Breaking out the credit card right now lol ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, at least you can eat the scrub! I know you'd love it, hun xx

      Delete
  4. Love a good lip scrub! And anything that tastes like fairy floss is a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes I definitely have a sweet tooth, too xx

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous looking product! And fairy floss yum. Love your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesss I love lip scrubs! They're so fun! :') They've changed my lipcare haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I think lip scrubs are a must xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway