Makeup Revolution I Heart Chocolate

If I can buy I dupe for less than the original, I'm all over it. Budget UK brand Makeup Revolution is known for their Too Faced Chocolate Bar dupes with the I Heart Makeup eye shadow palettes. The original Chocolate Bar is a cult favourite and MR has duped it with the palette I <3 Chocolate.


I love that melted chocolate bar packaging. A large factor in my wanting this palette.




The following swatches were done with my finger on bare skin.







I don't have the Too Faced palette to compare, but after seeing many swatches online, I believe the shades are very similar.






Look 1





Look 2


 


Look 3

Above are 3 looks that I created with the palette. I found that the shimmer shades don't translate on the lid as well as when swatched. They're nice, but needed some building up to get good coverage. I found the mattes lovely to use. Usually with budget palettes like this one the shimmers are fantastic, but the mattes are average. Quite the opposite in this case. A cream shadow base like a Maybelline Color Tattoo would probably make a world of difference, something I don't like to do during testing for reviewing purposes, but I'll try in future.

Overall, the I Heart Chocolate palette is decent, not my favourite, but it is certainly workable and I am happy to have it in my collection.


Have you tried anything from Makeup Revolution?





Comments

  1. I've been so curious about this palette! I've heard it is very similar to the Too Faced, but a fraction of the cost, so I've bee intrigued. The swatches look really good though!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The palette swatched really well, some weren't so great with a brush, but I wouldn't say it's a bad palette. The mattes were standout for me. For the price point, I like it

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!