The Chemistry Brand Retin-Oil

I like to incorporate a product that contains Vitamin A or form of retinoid in my skincare routine. I find it to be an effective antiaging ingredient, depending on the strength of course.

I came across a blog where the founder of Deciem, Brandon Truaxe had commented in Q and A style that a great retinoid product is the Chemistry Brand Body Retin-Oil. He said that it is suitable to use on the face as well as the body. First chance I got, I purchased a bottle from Priceline when there was a 40% off skincare sale.

Taken from Priceline- "Introducing Chemistry's most effective retinoid compound without a need for a prescription. Chemistry's Retin-Oil Complex is a multi-vitamin dry body oil, which targets scars, stretch marks, aging dehydrated skin, surface irregularities and discolouration. The super dry oil formula helps skin look smoother and visibly reduces pore size and wrinkles without causing irritation. This innovative complex also includes Vitamin C to help improve collagen production and sun-induced aging. A unique blend of skin enhancing Amazonian oils leaves a dry and protective happy barrier on the skin's surface. An oil-derived Deep Sea Algae Complex targets stretch marks. Over time, there is a general improvement in skin's visible condition and texture."


The oil comes in a 100ml plastic bottle


Under the screw top lid is a small hole dispenser in a plastic disc. It's quite small to ensure that pouring out the oil is an easy task. However, I have since transferred mine into re-purposed airless packaging.


As expected the product is of oil consistency. It has a fruity scent, reminds me of artificial mango, I don't love it, but it isn't bad by any means.

I use this product after cleansing and toning in place of a serum, because it is a dry oil formula, it doesn't take too long to absorb into my skin. Only a small amount is needed for face and neck, then I rub any excess into my hands. I can see this bottle lasting me quite a while.

Since using I haven't experienced any flakiness or even redness. Thanks to the lovely oils, my skin is being hydrated whilst the retinoid works on my aging skin.

The Chemistry Brand Retin-Oil seems to be doing wonders for the texture of my skin, it is now so smooth. I've also noticed a slight fading of my pigmentation. Years of damage caused from carelessly spending too much time in the sun unprotected. I realise that I may never be completely rid of pigmentation, but I am happy to see it fading even if it is a slow process. I never thought I'd be using a dry oil body product on my face, but so glad that I gave it a try.

Do you use any products for a purpose different than intended for?

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good product. Do you know anything about the brands cruelty free status?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Alinta! A member of reddit reached out to the founder of Deciem, this is the reply she got "Thanks so much for reaching out. I'll have you know that we are a 100% cruelty-free company, and do not test on animals at all. Our packaging actually says we test on humans, and we do not hire a third party to test on our behalf.
      In addition, we don't have any animal derived products in our line (with the exception of fish-derived collagen in Fountain's Phyto-Collagen Molecule)
      Hope this helps, thanks!"
      xx

      Delete
  2. I've used shampoo as a makeup brush cleaner before & I've used jojoba oil not just on my face, but my body as well. Conditioner & sorbolene also make for a great shaving cream too & leaves your skin feeling soft afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!