JD Glow Cosmetics Liquid Lipsticks

During my daily scroll of Instagram I saw some swatches that really grabbed my attention, the brand was JD Glow Cosmetics. A brand that I had never heard of before, but I was definitely intrigued. At the time I was on a nasty no-buy. As time went by, the brand was on my Insta newsfeed again. I began following the JD Cosmetics account which eventually lead to me placing an order. It was inevitable really, lol.

I bought highlighters, eye shadows and liquid lipsticks, which I will be showing you today.

Taken from JD Glow Cosmetics- "...They are super long lasting without drying out the lips or feathering. Our formula is very light weight, smooth and soft. You would feel as ifthough nothing was there. Goes on wet and dries to a matte finish. No streaking."






The packaging is pretty fancy. Gold coloured plastic lid with filigree pattern, there's also beading that borders the tubes. The formula of these lipsticks is a thin consistency, yet almost gel like in texture. 

The liquid lipsticks have a doe foot applicator that is quite flat. I find these good because you can use the flat side for applying the bulk of the lipstick. The thin tip can be used to apply the outer edges of the lips for more control of the lipstick placement.

They glide on the lips, making them one of the easier liquid lipsticks (that I've tried) to apply. Obviously care still needs to be taken, especially with the brighter or darker shades where application needs to be more precise. 

The lipsticks take some time to dry down, giving plenty of time for application and fixing any mistakes. I found that they remained slightly tacky and there is some transfer, albeit only slight. 

They are slightly drying but felt comfortable and light weight. Longevity is pretty good, lasting hours through drinks. Eating oily food is an enemy, but I find that the case with all liquid lipsticks that I have tried. The metallics can be a little patchy, but touching up those areas is no problem.

Now onto the lip swatches.

                               

Rosie



Desire




Crazen




Class



Pink Stiletto

Pink Stiletto was the only shade out of these JD Glow Cosmetics Liquid Lipsticks that I had issue with. It took some work to get an application that wasn't patchy and I'm not that keen on the colour. One out of 5 ain't bad and it is workable.





Ingrid is hosting the Monday Makeup Madness over at her blog Fabulous and Fun Life 

























Comments

  1. These liquid lipsticks are very pigmented, they look beautiful on your lips, great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faiza. They look and perform really well xx

      Delete
  2. Trust you to find these gems Indie, and what a treat to see your gorgeous face and hair five different ways! The colours are so pretty, and of course I went to their website (just like I did when you posted the eye shadows lol) and fell in love with so many of their selection ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my gorgeous friend! Next I want to try their glitter tubes, they sound fun. I will be waiting for a sale, which happens from time to time xx

      Delete
  3. Following cosmetic brands on IG is so dangerous for my wallet! I especially love the shade Desire!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, Instagram can be so enabling! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow these are really bright and bold Indie, but they look stunning on you! x My favourite is class - I love that metallic, reflective finish! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marina for your kind comment xx

      Delete
  5. I hadn't heard of the brand. You pull off the bright colours so well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Rosie color is stunning color! I could see myself wearing this all the time.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Michelle! Rosie is such an easy to wear colour, yet a unique shade xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway