Dose of Colors DesiXKaty Collection

During the Black Friday sales I jumped on a few products from the DesiXKaty collection. I really wanted some products when they were first released, but I just couldn't justify the price, especially taking consideration of the exchange rate from US to Aus dollars and shipping. This is also my first time trying anything from the Dose of Colors range.


What I had to have was the eye shadow quad. The shadows looked just as stunning as the packaging. Of course, who orders one thing online? I added lipstick No Shade and liquid lipstick Hot Fire to my order. I was very tempted to grab at least one of the highlighters, but I changed my mind and added Berry Me 2 liquid lipstick from the regular line. I have plenty of highlighters and can't seem to make a dent in any of them!


When I received my order the first thing I did was ooh and aah over the packaging. From the sparkle of the gold mesh packaging of the palette to the classy looking nude lipstick casing. Just stunning.

Suz, Noli, Turbosan and Harpoon

With regards to the eye shadows Noli and Turbosan are creamy to the touch and beautifully pigmented. Suz and Harpoon have a drier formula that can be applied dry for a wash of colour, but they come to life when applied wet, which was explained on Desi and Katy's channels when they revealed their collection.

The lipstick in No Shade is a creamy matte formula. Comfortable on the lips and very long lasting. I just have to be careful to make sure my lips are prepped for use as they do with a liquid lipstick, because the formula can accentuate dry lips.

The liquid lipstick in Hot Fire, which is aptly named having that almost neon orange hue is a whipped mousse-y formula. I have to take care during application as this gorgeous shade can soon become a Hot Mess if I'm not careful! I do like that it doesn't set too quickly and when it does it dries completely. The lipstick feels velvety and not too uncomfortable or heavy, I like it! I wore Berry Me 2 and the formula is the same for the limited edition and standard line.





For this look I am wearing Suz on my inner corner and Harpoon on the lid. I would recommend an eye primer, because Harpoon did crease a little. I only used water so maybe a setting spray may work better to apply it wet. Hot Fire on the lips, did you guess? lol.





No Shade lipstick and Turbosan on the lids. I love how the shimmer in this shadow gives it a wet look.

 



And finally Noli on the lids. I just adore this bronze shade. And wow Berry Me 2 lipstick is not a colour I would normally go for, but I find it stunning!

I am so happy that I added these products to my collection. I would not be opposed to trying some other items from the Dose of Colors range.







Comments

  1. This collection looked really great when it came out. It really suits you!

    www.BlushandPearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Shade looks like the perfect nude! I don't know who Desi or Katy are but they sure know how to get pretty packaging x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Shade is a lovely nude, different to any I own, as most nudes I buy are pink based. Desi and Katy (Lustreluxe) are both YouTubers and both did such a great job with the collab with Dose of Colors xx

      Delete
  3. I love the shimmer of the eye shadow. :-)

    Love, Esther
    https://lifestyle-tale.com/fitness-routine/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that they're quite shimmery, yet still wearable. Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete
  4. I was really tempting by this collection but I was able to control myself. I really wanted the eyeshadow quad. The packaging always looks so pretty online. I can just imagine in real life.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly didn't need these items, but am glad I got around to buying them. Oh, the packaging was certainly a huge factor that tempted me! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!