Ophelia's Apothecary

I discovered this Etsy store during a Heartsy frenzy. Ophelia's Apothecary offers a wide range of products ranging from makeup products to face care to even cleaning products. The range seems to be continually changing. When I first ordered, I purchased a set of 20 perfume samples for $20 (US), which I thought was a great price, because the sample vials are larger than the usual sample sizes I've received. They are not listed on the site at the moment, in fact there doesn't seem to be any perfumes listed currently.  I recently ordered full sized perfumes, which are in a roller-ball bottle, and lip balms. I totally recommend the lip balms. They are moisturizing and soft on the lips, not tacky, and have great scents, with a sweet flavour. The lip balms arrived shrink wrapped and are packaged in an oval tube, rather than the typical round tubes.






The perfumes I received


VANILLA BEAN NOEL: *
Syrupy sweet vanilla. Not cloying, but rich and with a caramel quality. Warm and scrumptious.


ORANGE GINGER: *
Starts as sweet oranges with a bitter edge, thanks to the fresh ginger note. It is tart and rich. Simple and fresh. Sadly, it disappears rather quickly on me.

BEAUTY: *
Starts off with a sharp note. After wear, the florals begin to soften and become sweeter. A nice, simple feminine fragrance.


VANILLA PEAR: *
I get juicy ripe pear with syrupy vanilla. Vanilla grounds the sweet pear note. This one is not overwhelming. Subtle wafts of this perfume seem to last for hours. Lovely.



*Unfortunately, I don't have site descriptions for these perfumes.

I find that Ophelia's Apothecary perfumes tend to be quite simple blends. I like that the labels for the perfumes and lip balms seem to be waterproof, which is ideal for oil based products.


Customer service is great, staff is friendly and helpful. TAT can vary, but if there is a delay, this is notified and explained.


Other perfumes I've tried are:

PUMPKIN SPICE: *
Certainly warm spices, not too hot, but delectable. I don't detect much of the pumpkin, it's not as sweet as I was expecting. Just rich in spice. Nice comforting fragrance for the winter months.


CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE: *
Rich nutty chocolate. Smells softened with warmth. Boozy creamy and cocoa goodness..yummmmm!

CARRIBEAN COCONUT: *
Syrupy sweet tropical fruits with creamy coconut. It is too cloyingly sweet for me, but my teen daughter really likes it.

BUTTERCREAM FROSTING: *
Sweet, buttery, vanilla. A simple yet nice foody scent. Not too cloyingly sweet. After drydown it fades somewhat, but the vanillary note remains.

COCONUT LIME VERBENA: *
Tart lime, creamy coconut with herbal verbena. The coconut is hidden in the lime and herbal notes. It isn't very sweet, and takes an almost ozonic note after wear. Gives me a slight headache :(

APPLE ORCHARD: *
Sweet juicy ripe apples. Quite a nice fresh fragrance. After wear, it becomes slightly smoky, which makes this perfume more appealing.

ISLAND NECTAR :*
Tangy, tart tropical sweetness. Has an effervescent quality about this perfume. Nice summery fragrance.

NUMBER 9: *
Heady roses. Rose fans will love this blend. Intoxicating floral and feminine. Not one for me, as I'm not huge on straight-up rose blends.

PEACH GINGER: *
I get juicy, sweet, ripe peach. I can imagine just taking a bite into the juicy flesh. I don't quite get the ginger, but this is nice and summery.

SANDALWOOD VANILLA: *
Smoky, spicy woods sweetened with rich vanilla. These 2 notes compliment each other perfectly. Altho sweet, this blend has a unisex appeal. I really like it, would love it in soap, but am finding the perfume quite good, too.

BLACK CHERRY: *
Starts off with a medicinal note. This blend mellows with wear to a sweet, fruity fragrance, with that rich cherry scent. I am sensitive to this one, my skin became red and hot.



I will be placing another order in the near future..I must try their tinted lip balms!

Comments

  1. How exciting, they also make scrubs, lip balms and candles! The perfumes sound gorgeous. I have to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so many products that I haven't tried, but I love the lip balms!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!