Possets Perfume

After trying a couple of Possets samples that I had been lucky enough to have received from a friend, I knew a purchase was a must. Owner and creator, Fabienne Christenson truly is a master when it comes to gourmand type perfumes. Although delicious, these perfumes are not synthetic or tacky smelling, like some perfumes can be. There are also perfumes that cater to those who are not partial to foody scents..there are people like that apparently, LOL! Possests has a medievil theme throughout, I really like the themed labels.
I took the opportunity of a birthday to place an order. I ordered early, making sure that my items would reach me in time, they came promptly for international delivery. They were packaged well, with no leakages.


I was surprised at the amount of samples sent as GWP. Boy did my nose go into over drive, lol.
The following are Possets perfumes that I have tried.

HAUTE LOVE:  *Ginger, you say you want ginger? Like love it's hot and burns so beautifully! Imagine chocolate covered ginger which is forced to marry a gooey sticky sweet and all consuming center.
I was surprised to see in the description that ginger is a major note in this perfume. I went back and sniffed the bottle, and could detect a slight spicy ginger. It seems to get lost on my skin, but it does create warmth without being spicy. I get a decadent warm chocolate scent that is creamy and delicious. It's a good quality chocolate that you want to savour slowly. Yummmmmmmmm!

MADAME X: *Wicked, sinful, hedonistic, and irresistable. You may not have the heart to play the femme fatale, but you can at least smell the part. It's musky, creamy, enticing, perfumy, slightly foody, but very skin-like. It has a profound effect on men, they have no idea of what is bothering them ...it's you.
I can see why this perfume is a favourite. It is not in your face, but smooth, soft, sweet. Slightly foody, slightly floral. Intoxicating the way it envelopes you and wafts in such a subtle, beautiful way. It is so alluring, I love it!!

BIG BLACK CAT: *Buttery creme with a smooth caramel undercoat, bourbon vanilla (the kind with the tiny black specks), gourmet candy corn crushed and put in the mix, and a crust of burnt sugar with a crunch from some indefinable but thoroughly delightful source. All this with a kiss of cinnamon, a very small puff of clove, and one grain of allspice.
This scent is a foody lover's dream. It is warm, light gourmand spices and decadently rich. The burnt sugar and booziness takes this fragrance to a more grown up scent. It is so smooth and syrupy, but not cloyingly so. I have a feeling this one ain't going to last long. :)

IOWA: *This one starts out with a crystallized vanilla which I  had to bring back to life, then there is a hint of turbinado sugar, and a large dose of an accord I got based on wheat (there is no wheat in it, it's the essence of the fragrance of wheat blossoms), and a small amount of a whiskey-like addition. Very comforting and sweet but dry is the only way I can explain this scent.
Gorgeous oozing boozy syrup. It is rich and sweet, but not cloying. This one is a perfect fix for a sweet-tooth. Mmmmm dreamy!

GIDDY: *A great scent for those times when you feel...giddy. Chocolate and vanilla with lashings of a creamy sugar-buzz inducing fragrance which will make you feel like licking your arm. This is definitely one of the cutting edge foody scents which are wildly popular to the point of changing the philosophies of the great scent houses like Dior! If you want to be in the vanguard, this is your scent!
When wet, I smell dirty chocolate, somewhat like there's patchouli in there somewhere. Quickly this scent mellows out and becomes absolutely delicious. I get chocolatey vanilla..hot chocolate pudding, yum. Definately a foody scent, that I'm happy to report lasts for some time and holds it's rich chocolate scent. Some chocolate scents are often a little "dirty" for my liking, but my skin loves this perfume!

THE GIRLS LOVE VANILLA: *For anyone who loves loves loves the smell of vanilla, this is the supersaturated honey soaked, sinful, hedonistic custom rare and unabashed blend you have been waiting for. Outrageously lovely. Too pretty for angels almost, but not too pretty for you! Characteristics: vanilla, honey, sweet, foody.
I love most things vanilla, and honey for that matter. This perfume, not so much. I was expecting to fall in love with this one, but I found this to be way too sweet for me, sickly sweet. I like vanilla scents to have that rich booziness to them, this perfume just oozes sugar coma. I actually don't get much vanilla, just dripping honey. Even after wear, I still get sweet sweet honey. 

LIBBY: *Just plain old fun at Halloween. Just about all the things that you can revel in once a year and a few more. Coconut lovers rejoice, licorice lovers rejoice, A big glob of Blood Orange and a shot of plain old sugar candy, and goodness knows what else. This one does a wild cat dance. 
Goes on a rich licorice scent, so sweet and aniseed yummy. There is a slight tart note, thanks to the orange. The coconut gives it a slight creaminess to the perfume. After wear, it mellows to more of a fennel scent. Still slightly aniseed, but loses that initial richness. A nice fragrance that's not overwhelming.

CRI DE CROEUR: *This fragrance is a real stunner, a true Posset with large lashings of Vanilla, nougat, coconut, sweet musk, tobacco flower,swirling cotton, a drop of nag champa, chypre, black musk and sugar cane. There is the essence of a very good dragon's blood in it, a small amount of lime, and lime blossom. This is quite a complex beauty. 
Wow, so many components to this perfume, but they all blend so beautifully together. Sweet, rich, syrupy, boozy and a touch smoky. Nothing is too strong and takes away from another note. It is delectable, but not merely foody. This one lasts, I love it, and am so glad that I took the chance and bought a full size..I want to bathe in this one! :)

GINGERBREAD WHOREHOUSE: *That gingerbread house from your childhood? Well the neighborhood has changed and now it sports a red light out front! Very foody, very sweet, very sexy, very grown up in a sex kitten way. This is European Gingerbread given an American Cajun jolt with the spices, cher! Mmmm. Unisex, sexy-sex, and wow. Oh, the sign outside does say,"Ho Ho Ho House". Heh. 
I ordered a perfume with gingerbread in the title?? What a surprise! This one is certainly a sexy foody blend. Warm, spicy, perfect bekery fragrance. This is one is perfectly delicious. I love the emphasis on the spicy ginger note. I wish it would last longer, but I will just have to be content with reapplying, as I HAD to have a full size!

SNOW ON BARE SKIN: *Sweet but not foody, sexy but not crude this would be a perfect scent for a midnight Yuletide wedding with the bride dressed in winter white carrying a bouquet of blue flowers, the church lit only by tapers, and a handsome groom in breathtaking blue-black. Romantic as it can be. Midnight blue and purple. Strong smell of snow in the air, your nose is cold but you can feel your hand on your breast and it's warm and soon all of you will be cozy. One of the most sexy scents I have ever made. So good, it's even perfect in the summer! Musky, spicy, perfumy.
This one is cool, light, floral and fresh. It is quite close to the skin, but gives just the right amount of throw for that someone special to enjoy with you. It is sexy, but uniquely an anticipating sexiness. Gorgeous, innocent fragrance.

GLEE: *Another chocolate scent but this one is, how you say, spicy? No, it's oriental and choco... No. It's...it's...it's... Oh, heck. You just have to try this one and supply your own description.
On my skin, this one is a woodsy chocolate scent, with a creamy quality. It also has a spicy quality. I find it quite close to the skin, so I find myself sniffing my wrist..a lot. If it had more throw, I'd so buy a full size.

CHURPZ: *Named after the marshmallow chicks so common at this time of year, Churpz is all fluffy puffy fun and nothing instructive, corrective, or refined. Churpz is simple all-out pleasure in things which are sweet and gooey and a mental orgasm. My antidote to goody goody living. Foody, gourmand.
I have no idea what Churpz are, let alone their smell. But, I do know that this perfume is delish. It is oozing sweetness, that's rich and begins boozy, but mellows to a more "fluffy" fragrance. A fun scent.

CANDY THONG: *Vulgar, vulgar, vulgar! I set about making THE most candy, sticky, sweet and irredeemable fragrance in history and I must say I outdid myself. Sweet creamy caramel with lots of butter is put together with a busty musk for staying power and a very very very light tweak of flowers and lemon drops wayyyyy off in the distance so they don't interfere with the dirty stuff going on down here but add a bit of "gravitas" so the whole blend does not fly away. The strange thing is that Candy Thong dries down to a very pretty and classy fragrance after all of the youthful flings and things. Art imitates life here. A very very very good scent! Foody/gourmand.
Whoa, this one is SWEET. Starts off an oozy gooey rich scent. This fades into a more boiled lolly type fragrance. Too sweet for me, but a sweet tooth's dream.

THE QUEEN: *All the perfumes of the British Empire spun together in a light and sweet way. A very small amount of rose, from the sceptered isle, and a big dose of whiskey cake are combined with honey from the Mediterranean, patchouli from India, and syrupy sandalwood from Australia. This combined with saffron from Africa and it is a tour de force when put together with the smallest jot of maple syrup from Canada. It is a combination which has great staying power and is much lighter than you would suspect given the notes involved. Much like the earthy but ethereal queen herself. 
This perfume is regal. It smells green to me, slightly herbal, slightly floral. It begin a little sharp on my skin, but mellows into a nice feminine scent.

THE GIRLS LOVE CHAI CHIA CHAI: *Lively blood orange and a couple of rose buds make this chai extra special. Teas, dark and sustaining and the persistent scent of honey and spices make this a most memorable blend. Not too heavy but perfect for chilled spring days.
The sweet smell of honey is balanced well with the light spices of chai. A slight floral note makes for an interesting blend. It begins quite robust on my skin, promising, but then fades to a somewhat soapy fragrance. It's nice, but I would have loved for the spices to have lingered.

I can see myself going back again and again for more fabulous scented goodies. With great, generous service, and perfumes to drool over, I am easily tempted by this online store!! :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!