SOTD-FCUK Summer

Ever since I have dabbled in store bought perfumes, I've been building my collection with affordable perfumes. Generally buying from Chemist Warehouse and Priceline. Please don't judge me! 
Speaking of affordable, for review today, I have FCUK Summer. After having a FCUK sample that was unlabelled, I started buying a few fragrances from this brand. Thankfully, I paid only around $15 for each. I finally did find it, but it wasn't this one, that will be for a future review. What I am relieved about is that I really like the 4 FCUK perfumes that I own.



Summer is described as- "FCUK Summer Her by FCUK is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. FCUK Summer Her was launched in 2011. Top notes are red apple and mango; middle notes are freesia, magnolia and mimose; base notes are musk, patchouli and amber."
Summer is the perfect name for this perfume. Just like the bottle, this perfume represents bright yellow, red and orange. Fruity, effervescent and light floral notes envelope me, especially as it is warmed by my skin. The perfume is grounded by musk, patchouli and amber, these add warmth to the fragrance.
The perfume is blended beautifully, no note outdoes the other, rather compliments. 
I'm so glad that my search led me to this perfume. The only gripe I have is the packaging. Not only is it not a bottle that I like the look of, I prefer a styled bottle. I absolutely hate the spray, it can be difficult to depress the top which releases the perfume. 
I would like to add some more luxe perfumes to my range, but at least it goes to show that a cheapie can be a winner, too! :)

Comments

  1. I must be very immature.. I still giggle when I read fcuk summer etc. No judgements here! I've been buying my perfume from chemist warehouse and other discount stores!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, me too, Lily. When I proofread my post, I was amused by all the FCUK words, LOL

      Delete
  2. I buy all my perfumes from Priceline :-) They are so affordable there.....and I live in the country so don't really have much other choice :)
    I love the design of this bottle. It really is very Summery. My partner owns a FCUK fragrance and I agree with you about the packaging. It is a pain in the bum to spray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say that I was a bit wary buying from Priceline and Chemist Warehouse, but so far, the perfumes have been fine :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!