Lipstick Love- Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Stain in "Showy"

I was so obsessed with the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stains when they were released. I have almost all of them. But, by the time the release of the Matte version, I wasn't sure that I really needed any. Oh, I was definitely curious, but each time I was tempted, I told myself "No!" I don't always listen to my logical self, but lately I have, mostly.

Well, thanks to a giveaway held by the generous Christina of blog, Lovethatlippie one of the many products that I won was a Matte Balm Stain, and let me tell you, I wasn't at all disappointed.





How pretty is this pink shade!



"Showy" felt similar to the original formula, not drying at all and easy to apply, being a lip pencil. I found it to have very good coverage. 

I didn't find that the longevity was the same. With the original balm stains, even after the initial lipstick had worn off, I was left with a hint of even colour. But, I didn't find the matte balm stain to offer the same long lasting effect. In saying that, I am glad to have this beautiful shade in my collection.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!





Comments

  1. That's a really pretty colour on you, Indie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo!! I love this colour on you!! Its hands down one of my favourite shades EVER! I agree the matte balms arent as long lasting as the glossy or just bitten kissable balm sticks...still...a gorgeous colour on you!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's all thanks to you, sweet Christina! I love the colour and feel for a matte lipstick. I can see why it's a favourite of yours xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!