"Velvet Orchid" by Tom Ford

The Tom Ford label is known for a range of products. One of these being perfumes. Quite expensive, but just as high in quality. I was lucky enough to win a travel sized perfume spray from My Perfume Samples. The perfume being "Velvet Orchid".


Description- "The fragrance opens itself with bergamot, mandarin, Succan absolute (purified rum extract) and honey. At the core of this creation (made of corporeal floral notes) is Tom Ford's distinctive, "timeless" signature- and imaginary accord of black orchid blended with notes of velvet orchid, which gives the perfume its name, with intense Turkish rose oil and jasmine and a new accord of purple orchid that grows in the wilds of southern Brazilian coast. There are also additions of floral notes of orange blossom, rose absolute, narcissus, hyacinth and heliotrope. The base is warm due to the rich flavours of Peru balsam, myrrh, labdanum, sandalwood, suede and vanilla."

I find that at first spray "Velvet Orchid" bursts with zesty, rich balsamic notes, laced with heady, sweet florals. 

The next stage of this perfume is what I like best. Boozy, incensy and resinous. Not headshop, but smooth and oh-so-sensual. This fragrance has so much depth and warmth, which doesn't disappear even in the powdery stage, which I also like.

When sprayed on my clothes, this perfume lasts and lasts. 

What perfume are you currently wearing?

Comments

  1. Ohhh this sounds lovely. This sounds super cheap but I'm actually using an Avon perfume at the moment haha, it smells amazing! I wonder how much this glorious Tom Ford baby retails for... haha xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avon do have some nice perfumes. David Jones sells a 50 ml bottle for $162. I'm not ready to spend that on a perfume just yet, lol

      Delete
  2. I've smelt the fancy TF gear at Sydney Myer...mmm...I'll still to my manly musks he he :) I love Narciso, by Narciso. Long time Narciso for her wearer, but Narciso cant be beat, its musky and warm and just perfect :) I also love Gucci by Gucci which smells like rum, honey and musk :) delish! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yet to sniff Narciso, I think that will be my next perfume sample purchase. Gucci sounds yummy! xx

      Delete
    2. So musky, I loooove it 😂 Narciso is beaut, I'm yet to sniff one I don't like 'ka-chingggg' 😂😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!