DKNY "My NY"

On beauty website Beauty Heaven, there's opportunity to accrue points by doing various interactive activities, like reviewing listed products for example. 

I had collected enough points to "buy" the DKNY "My NY" perfume during the event that is Beautorium, where it is possible to spend your points.

I had never tried this perfume, but figured that at the cost of $5 for postage, it was worth taking the risk of a blind buy.

Description- "Top notes of the composition provide a blend of raspberry, pink pepper and galbanum, followed by Egyptian jasmine, freesia and orris in the heart. The base encompasses patchouli, vanilla absolute, musk and ambergris."

At first spray I get the raspberry and pink pepper. Sweet and slightly spicy, giving the perfume a zesty quality.

During wear, the floral element became more noticeable. Quite tart, but still with that zesty spice.

The musk and patchouli base notes do their part in giving depth and longevity. 

What is surprising is although from the description, I thought the fragrance would be louder, but it is actually quite light. A perfect perfume for Summer that is casual and easy to wear. It is not offensive, yet the wearer still can enjoy the scent for some time.

When wearing this perfume, I envision a warm day wearing a sundress and sandals. Casual, yet pretty. The pale pink colour of the perfume really is reminiscent of the fragrance.

The heart shaped bottle can be somewhat bulky during application, however, I must say that it is a pretty addition to my dresser.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!